The Investment Bond is a lump sum investment with an element of life cover that
can provide you with capital growth potential or an income over the medium to long-term,
typically a period of at least five to ten years.
You will have already started your plan with an investment of at least £10,000,
so what are the main features available to you now?
- You can make additional payments of £1,000+ at any time
- It offers potential growth plus income options
- Each year, you can make withdrawals of up to 5% of the amount invested without any immediate liability to tax.
- You can choose from a range of regular and one-off withdrawal options
- No early withdrawal charge on withdrawals up to 7.5% each year of your total cash
- You can pick from a wide range of investment funds to meet your individual investment
- You benefit from the investment expertise of some of the UK’s most highly respected
- You can switch between funds at any time – currently free of charge.
The value of your bond and any withdrawals that you take from it can fall as well as rise depending
on investment performance (and currency exchange rates where a fund invests overseas) and
you could get back less than you invested. This type of investment does not offer any guarantees.
The tax treatment depends on your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. Tax rules can change.
For more information about this bond, and to see if it's still the right investment
for you, please speak to your financial adviser.